Oven-baked sausage with veggies
- 1 oz. 28 g butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 4 oz. 110 g
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (220 g)
- 3 3 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 5 oz. 140 g cherry tomatoes
- 1¾ cups (7 oz.) 425 ml (200 g) fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried basil or dried thyme
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g sausage in linkssausages in links
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Divide the zucchini into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cut the onion into wedges. Slice or chop the garlic.
- Place zucchini, onions, garlic, and tomatoes in the baking dish. Dice the cheese into inch-sized pieces and place among the vegetables. Season with salt, pepper and basil or thyme.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables, and top with sausage.
- Bake for at least 40 minutes or until the sausages are thoroughly cooked and the vegetables are browned and caramelized.
- Serve with a dollop of mayonnaise.