Oven-baked sausage with veggies
Low carb? Absolutely. Scrumptious? Oh, yeah. Both light and hearty? You know it! Enjoy this easy one-pot meal on any weeknight evening.
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, for greasing the baking dish
- 4 oz. 110 g zucchini
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (220 g) yellow onionyellow onions
- 3 3 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 5 oz. 140 g cherry tomatoes
- 1¾ cups (7 oz.) 425 ml (200 g) fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried basil or dried thyme
- 1½ lbs 650 g sausage in linkssausages in links
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Divide the zucchini into bite-sized pieces. Peel and cut the onion into wedges. Slice or chop the garlic.
- Place zucchini, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and sausages in the baking dish. Dice the cheese into inch-sized pieces and place it among the vegetables. Season with salt, pepper, and basil or thyme.
- Bake for at least 30 minutes or until the sausages are thoroughly cooked, and the vegetables are browned and caramelized.
This dish is the perfect crowd pleaser, so double or triple the recipe for a party!
That being said it is SUPER DELICIOUS, just not Keto friendly. This is very misleading. It makes me nervous about other recipes on this site.
My guide says a large onion (5&1/2oz.) is 15 carbs. I would consider that 2 onions. I noticed in my cookbooks they will call for a large onion but also give a measured amount. A large onion today is always double or triple what it calls for. I personally have never thought of counting spices. Maybe it would be nice if they put in ounce values for the veges.
That is going to depend on the type, source and brand of your sausage. Some have carby fillers, so you will want to read the ingredients and nutrition label.
Correct! The orange circle and the 14g in the recipe picture indicate that this is one of our moderate low carb meals. You can read more about the different carb levels we support at this link.
This can be incorporated with any of our moderate low carb eating plans.
I am sure haloumi would be delicious in this recipe.
You can use those. In the USA, sausage can be patties, links (like what you've got, or same shape but unjoined) or as loose ground pork with spices added.
Our listed carb count and nutrition information is always per serving, not for the whole recipe. This is a moderate low carb recipe and is 14g carbs per serving.
That is going to depend on how much the veggies reduced as they cooked. Each recipe specifies the number of servings that it makes rather than serving size, for accuracy.
Thank you Heidi! I have asked the recipe team to review this for you!
You put the sausages on the pan at the same time as the vegetables. You can place them in any order as long as it is before they go in the oven.