Oven baked low carb Spanish cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer.
- Line a 10" (25 cm) springform pan with moistened and crumpled parchment paper to make it more malleable.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake in the lower part of the oven, for 30-35 minutes, or until the surface of the cake is nicely browned.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for at least 2 hours before serving.
This cheesecake increases in flavor and texture as it rests. Try to make it the day before for a perfect result.
If it seems uncooked when you take it out of the oven, it is normal, it will solidify as it cools. It may also settle a little, so it is recommended not to open the oven while baking.
We like to eat it without toppings, but you can serve it with a homemade berries coulis, or with a low-carb chocolate sauce.
For extra flavor you could add orange, lime or lemon zest.
Recommended cooking equipment
Electric hand mixer.
10" (25 cm) springform pan.