Mussels, garlic, cream and wine. That classic combo is moules marinières. Add in the tasty low carb garlic croutons and you have a festive and fast low carb main dish that's great for a dinner party, even for guests who are not low carb
- 6 lbs 2.75 kg fresh mussels
- 1 (2¼ oz.) 1 (60 g) carrot, finely choppedcarrots, finely chopped
- 1 1 fresh fennel, finely chopped
- 2 (2 oz.) 2 (60 g) shallot, finely choppedshallots, finely chopped
- 3 3 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml dry white wine
- 2 cups 475 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 1 bay leafbay leaves
- ¼ cup 60 ml fresh thyme
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, for greasing
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ¾ tsp ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Wash the mussels in cold water. Make sure no mussels are open, discard any open ones that won't close.
- In a large pot, fry the finely chopped vegetables in olive oil until tender. Pour in wine and cream, add the spices. Combine well and bring to a boil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mussels. Simmer over medium high heat with the lid on for 5 minutes or until the mussels open. Remove and throw away the mussels that don't open. Prepare the croutons while the mussels are simmering.
- Grease a spacious mug or glass bowl with butter. Add all the dry ingredients, and combine well. Crack in the eggs, and finally stir in the cream. Mix well.
- Microwave on high (700 W) for about 2 minutes. Check if the middle of the bread is firm. If not, microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
- Remove the bread from the bowl and let cool slightly. Dice the bread and fry in olive oil with the garlic over medium high heat until golden. Serve the mussels hot with finely chopped parsley and croutons.
You can also serve the mussels with our amazing chili aioli.
Hi Terry! The newest posts simply may not have any comments or reviews yet. In this case, you were the first to comment on this new recipe. I hope you will try it and let us know what you think!