Lemony butter-baked salmon with cauliflower mash
- 1 lb 450 g salmon, boneless fillet, cut into portion sizessalmon, boneless fillets, cut into portion sizes
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, melted or olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp finely chopped fresh or dried chives, or fresh dill
- ½ lb 220 g cauliflower
- 1⁄3 cup (1 oz.) 80 ml (27 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz. 28 g butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish. Combine the melted butter (or olive oil) with lemon juice. Pour over the salmon.
- Season with salt, ground black pepper, and any other seasoning of choice. Chives or dill work very well in this recipe.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork but is still moist inside.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the cauliflower and boil for a couple of minutes – just enough so the florets are tender but retain a slightly firm texture. Drain the cauliflower in a colander, and discard the water.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor (or use an immersion blender) along with the Parmesan cheese and butter. Pulse until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.