Kristie’s chicken Philly cheesesteak casserole
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken thighs or chicken breast, cubedchicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or ghee or bacon fat
- 1 cup 225 ml green bell pepper, slicedgreen bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup 225 ml yellow onion, slicedyellow onions, sliced
- 8 oz. 225 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 2 garlic clove, dividedgarlic cloves, divided
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 8 oz. 225 g cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups 475 ml (225 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. 350 g provolone cheese slices
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, brown the chicken in butter, ghee or bacon fat.
- When the meat is cooked, add onions, pepper, mushrooms, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. Continue cooking until vegetables are just tender, but not soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire and cheddar cheese. Add the meat mixture and combine.
- Spoon into a 9” by 13” glass baking dish and top with the slices of provolone cheese.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25 to 30 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and slightly browned.