Kristie’s chicken Philly cheesesteak casserole
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 2 lbs 900 g boneless chicken thighs, cubed
- 4 oz. 110 g yellow onion, slicedyellow onions, sliced
- 6 oz. 175 g green bell pepper, slicedgreen bell peppers, sliced
- 8 oz. 225 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 8 oz. 225 g cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 oz. 225 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. 350 g provolone cheese, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet on medium high heat, brown the chicken in butter.
- When the meat is cooked, add onions, pepper, mushrooms, half of the garlic, salt, pepper and half of the Italian seasoning. Continue cooking until vegetables are just tender, but not soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, the rest of the garlic, the rest of the Italian seasoning, Worcestershire and cheddar cheese. Add the meat mixture and combine.
- Spoon into a 9” by 13” glass baking dish and top with the slices of provolone cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the casserole is bubbly and slightly browned.