Keto tomato smash burger
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb 450 g beefsteak tomatobeefsteak tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp , sliced, sliced
- Roll the ground meat into two balls per portion.
- Heat a large frying pan with butter over medium-high heat. When hot, add the meatballs to the frying pan and press them down to into patties using a big spatula or a small plate. Preferably, try to make them as wide as your "tomato buns".
- Generously season the top of the burger with salt and pepper. Fry for a few minutes before flipping over. Add salt and pepper to the other side and continue frying until preferred doneness is reached.
- Slice the beefsteak tomatoes into 0.5" (1 cm) thick slices, 4 per serving. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Put mayonnaise on half of the slices. Top with a burger, mustard, pickles, and another tomato slice.
You can replace the ground beef with any other meat, such as ground turkey, pork or lamb. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.