Keto tomato smash burger
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb 450 g beefsteak tomatobeefsteak tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp , sliced, sliced
- Roll the ground meat into two balls per portion.
- Heat up a large frying pan with butter on medium-high heat. When hot, add the meatballs to the frying pan and press them down to burgers using a big spatula, small plate, or similar. Preferably try to make them as wide as your "tomato buns".
- Generously season the top of the burger with salt and pepper. Fry for a few minutes before flipping them over. Add salt and pepper to the other side and continue frying until preferred doneness is reached.
- Slice the beefsteak tomatoes into 0.5" (1 cm) thick slices, 4 per serving. Dry them with a paper towel.
- Put mayonnaise on half of the slices. Top with a burger, mustard, pickles, and another tomato slice. Repeat until done.
You can replace the ground beef with any other meat of your liking, such as ground turkey, pork or lamb. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.