Seared salmon with veggies and 5-minute hollandaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ lbs 650 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets
- 1 lb 450 g green asparagus, trimmed
- 1¼ lbs (3¾ cups) 550 g (900 ml) , sliced, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 5 oz. 140 g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 1 lemon, slicedlemons, sliced
- Rinse and trim the asparagus. Slice the peppers.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Fry for about 8 minutes per side; time will vary depending on the filet thickness. When you turn the salmon, add the asparagus to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the asparagus every now and then. Lower the heat towards the end.
5 minute hollandaise sauce
- Crack the egg into a tall mixing bowl, large glass measuring cup or beaker.
- Melt the butter in a pourable container, either in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- With the immersion blender in one hand, use the other hand to slowly pour the melted butter in a steady stream into the egg in the mixing bowl, blending the whole time. Note that the lower layers are supposed to turn white and creamy before you move the blender up to the next layer. The hollandaise is ready when it's thick and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and add salt to taste.
- Serve the salmon with the creamy hollandaise sauce, sliced bell peppers and tender asparagus. Garnish with a slice of lemon for some extra flavor and color.
Recommended special equipment