Seared salmon with veggies and 5-minute hollandaise
- 1½ lbs 650 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets
- 1 lb 450 g green asparagus, trimmed
- 1¼ lbs 550 g , sliced, sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 5 oz. 140 g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 1 lemon, slicedlemons, sliced
- Rinse and trim the asparagus.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Fry for about 8 minutes per side; time will vary depending on the filet thickness. When you turn the salmon, add the asparagus to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the asparagus every now and then. Lower the heat towards the end.
5 minute hollandaise sauce
- Crack the egg into a high and narrow mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup or beaker.
- Melt the butter in a pourable container, either in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- While using an immersion blender in one hand, with the other hand slowly pour the melted butter into the egg in the mixing bowl. Pour the butter in a thin steady stream while you keep blending. Note that the lowest layers is supposed to turn white and creamy before you bring up the blender to the next layer. The hollandaise is ready when it's thick and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and add salt to taste.
- Serve the salmon with the creamy hollandaise sauce, sliced bell peppers and tender asparagus. Garnish with a slice of lemon for some extra flavor and color.
Recommended special equipment