Keto pork skewers with mash and chimichurri
- 1 oz. (1¾ cups) 28 g (425 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp small capers
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh cilantro or fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ ½ lemon, the juicelemons, the juice
- 2⁄3 cup 160 ml olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g pork shoulder, in slices
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1½ lbs 650 g cauliflower
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Place the ingredients for the sauce in a beaker and mix for 1-2 minutes with an immersion blender. You can also use a food processor.
- Cut the pork shoulder slices in inch-thick pieces lengthwise. Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on the meat. Season with extra salt if your seasoning is low-sodium. Place on wooden skewers, cut to fit your frying pan.
- Heat up oil or butter in the pan and fry the skewers for a few minutes on all sides until fully cooked.
- Divide the cauliflower into florets. You can also include the stem, cut it into smaller pieces. Boil the cauliflower in lightly salted water for a few minutes or until soft, but still retaining shape.
- Drain the water. If you want a firmer mash, place the cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out the remaining water.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl with the butter and parmesan cheese, blend with an immersion blender. You can also use a food processor. Season with salt and pepper and add more butter or olive oil if you like.
Skip the parmesan cheese for a dairy-free version of this meal.
You could also add a little onion to the chimichurri for extra bite.
If you want to vary the flavoring of the meat, try mixing ½ tablespoon paprika powder, ½ tablespoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 pinch of cumin and 1 pinch of cinnamon. This works great for all kinds of grilled of fried pork dishes.
Recommended special equipment
Blender or food processor
You can grill your skewers as well!
I sliced up a pork shoulder roast for this and I think the skewers are completely unnecessary. I just fried the chops on a flat griddle, that allowed them to dissipate liquid and get a great crust. I have been testing out frozen cauliflower mashes and I used a "loaded baked potato" one for this. It was great, but I can't speak to the mash recipe listed here.
This was a favorite and I will make it over and over! It was even great as leftovers.
You can make your own! The words ranch seasoning are a hyperlink to our recipe. As a bonus, it won't have any sugars or starches like the commercially available packets.
Yes, you can use chicken instead of pork and the carb grams should be the same.
You can use any of our other side dishes.
I accidentally used the entire packet of ranch dressing and am nervous that I just carb bombed myself.
I think I did the math right and found about 4.5 g of carbs I may have added.
However, I used 1 lb cauliflower instead of 1.5 and according to carb managed im at 8g when I account for less cauli more ranch powder
Yes, the majority of the carbs in this dish come from the cauliflower. However, we do recommend making your own ranch seasoning, as store-bought packets usually contain undesirable ingredients, such as sugar, starch, etc. https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/ranch-seasoning
Yes, that substitute would work well. You can use the same amount.
The sauce wasn't amazing, but it was different and I really appreciate diet doctor giving us all of these different toppings/sauces so that we don't get bored.
Next time I'm going to use my air fryer for the pork.