Keto ham croquettes
- ½ lb 220 g ham, cured, diced
- 2 2 egg white, dividedegg whites, divided
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) almond flour
- 1 cup 240 ml coconut oil, for frying
- In the food processor, pulse together the ham, one egg white, oregano, and chives until a chunky paste forms.
- Line up your food processor bowl, a shallow bowl with the remaining egg white and apple cider vinegar whisked together, and a plate with the almond flour.
- Shape three slightly flattened balls per serving from the ham paste. Dredge each ball in the egg white, then coat in almond flour. Shake off the excess and repeat, egg white, and almond meal.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the croquettes 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown all over. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before enjoying!
These are pretty big! You can easily make 10 smaller croquettes.
Serve with a dipping sauce and side salad. For the dip mix equal parts of dijon mustard and mayonnaise together.
If you can’t have almond, use coconut flour to coat them.