Keto egg roll in a bowl
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 2 garlic clove, choppedgarlic cloves, chopped
- 1 oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (65 ml) , thinly sliced, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground turkey or ground pork
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame oil
- 8 oz. 230 g , shredded
- 4 oz. 110 g , shredded
- salt, for seasoning
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 4 large egglarge eggs
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup 120 ml , chopped
- 2 2 lime, wedgeslimes, wedges
- 2 tsp 2 tsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix the mayonnaise, chili paste, and garlic together in a small bowl. Place mixture in a small sandwich bag (for drizzling) and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok, over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and white parts of the scallions to the wok. Fry for a minute, and then add the ground meat, tamari soy sauce, white wine vinegar, and sesame oil. Stir together, breaking up the meat, and cook for 7-10 minutes, until browned.
- Stir-in the cabbage and fry until tender. Taste, and season with salt or more tamari, if needed.
- In another frying pan, cook the eggs in oil, anyway that you prefer. Season with salt.
- Divide the meat and cabbage mix into serving bowls. Cut off a corner of the sandwich bag, and drizzle the chili-garlic mayo on top. Add the egg and garnish with the scallion green parts, cilantro, lime wedges, and sesame seeds.
Save time making this dish by using a coleslaw mix instead of preparing and slicing cabbage.
If you like to meal prep, the meat and cabbage mixture freezes well after it's cooked. When you're ready to eat, remove the meat mixture from the freezer and warm it, whip up the chili paste, fry the eggs, and dinner is done in a jiffy!
No fresh lime or lime juice? You can use lemon instead or simply omit it altogether.