Double-cheese mushroom “meatza”
- 1 lb 450 g ground turkey or any ground meat of choice
- 1½ oz. (½ cup) 45 g (140 ml) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup 60 ml sugar-free
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 3 oz. (1¼ cups) 85 g (290 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- 5 oz. (1¼ cups) 140 g (300 ml) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl, mix ground meat with Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, onion powder, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- The meat will release some meat drippings in the oven so if you have a wire rack baking sheet, use that. If not line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the meat mixture into one piece per serving. Roll into balls and flatten out the meat crust mixture into thin flat circles (about 7" or 18 cm in diameter) using wet hands or with a spatula. Place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato sauce with garlic powder, and salt.
- Remove the meat crust from the oven and top with tomato sauce, mushrooms, and cheese. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is a nice golden color. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with oregano before serving.
You could also use fresh minced garlic, and dried basil in the tomato sauce for more flavor.