Keto crispy chicken with creamy dijon lemon dressing
- 21⁄3 lbs 1.1 kg chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- Drippings from the chicken
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- ½ ½ lemon, juice and zestlemons, juice and zest
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 (12 oz.) 3 (350 g) tomato, cut into wedgestomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 cups (8 oz.) 950 ml (220 g) leafy greens
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
- Toss chicken thighs in olive oil and coat with seasonings.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side up on a broiler pan, or in a baking dish on the upper-middle rack. Bake for 40 minutes or until juices run clear and the chicken thighs are golden brown and crispy. Save the juices from the chicken for the Dijon lemon dressing.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients into a mixing bowl, plus the juices from the baked chicken. Whisk together until emulsified. Another option is to use a container with a tight lid, and shake it until the dressing becomes a creamy consistency.
- Serve the crispy chicken thighs with the tomatoes and leafy greens on the side, and drizzle dressing over the top of the meal.