Keto chicken with roasted vegetables tricolore
A quick and easy keto meal shouldn't leave you wanting more. This pan-fried chicken with a classic and colorful trio of low carb veggies not only comes together in a snap – it’s also super satisfying. Your belly will say thank you.
Roasted vegetables tricolore
- 16 oz. 450 g fresh Brussels sprouts, whole
- 8 oz. 230 g cherry tomatoes, whole
- 8 oz. (3¼ cups) 230 g (800 ml) mushrooms, sliced or whole
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ cup 120 ml olive oil
- 4 (2 lbs) 4 (900 g) boneless chicken breastboneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsalted butter or olive oil, for frying
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. 110 g herb butter, for serving
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the vegetables in a roasting pan. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and rosemary over the vegetables. Pour the olive oil on top and stir to evenly coat.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil or butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sauté for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- For serving, plate the chicken and roasted vegetables, and then spread the herb butter onto the chicken for added flavor.
Switch up the sauce! This recipe pairs perfectly with a slew of rich sauces. So, don’t hesitate to try something other than the herb butter. This healthy and delicious chili aioli is a fun choice. As are any of these luscious flavored butters.
It just says chicken breast. Not how big.
Fat is more calorically dense than either carbs or protein. Carbs and protein have 4 calories per gram whereas fat has 9.
The %age refers to the percentage of calories, yes, and yes, it's the percentages that are more important than the grams.
Yes, that would be fine!
Boneless chicken breasts generally come without skin.
All of our nutrition information is always listed per serving. If you wish to reduce the calories or amount of fat in the dish, you could start with the olive oil or the herbed butter.