Keto chicken Caprese casserole
- 1½ lbs 650 g cooked chicken breast, shredded or cut into bite-sized pieces
- 7 oz. 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. (2 cups) 230 g (475 ml) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp green pesto
- 1 cup 240 ml sour cream
- 2 oz. (¾ cup) 55 g (170 ml) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 7 oz. (3½ cups) 200 g (850 ml) leafy greens
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the ingredients: chop the chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella.
- Distribute the chicken, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella in a baking dish.
- Add pesto, sour cream, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Combine until everything is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve with leafy greens drizzled with olive oil.
If you're cooking chicken from scratch, you can do that easily on the grill, stovetop, or in the oven seasoned with salt and pepper.
For a shortcut, buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. Just be sure to check the ingredients, as rotisserie chickens may be seasoned with sugar.
All out of pesto? You can substitute dried basil mixed with olive oil.
You can use either, as long as it is a soft mozzarella so it will melt well.
Yes, that would be fine! (Although, you may want to check to make sure they don't add sugar.)
My first recipe from this site, I’m very excited to try more!! Thank you!
Sweet! Thank you so much for sharing! I am so glad your family enjoyed it.
Let us know what you think of the difference.
dish so far Wow. Can I freeze and reheat it.
Glad that you enjoyed Juliet! Yes, many of our casseroles freeze quite well. You can find it listed here along with other recipes that are good for freezing and enjoying later https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes/keto-meal-prepping-and-fr....