Keto chicken Caprese casserole
- 1½ lbs 650 g cooked chicken breast, shredded or cut into bite-sized pieces
- 7 oz. 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz. (2 cups) 230 g (475 ml) , sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp green pesto
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 2 oz. (¾ cup) 55 g (170 ml) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 7 oz. (3½ cups) 200 g (850 ml) leafy greens
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare the ingredients: chop the chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella.
- Distribute the chicken, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella in a baking dish.
- Add pesto, sour cream, and half of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Combine until everything is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve with leafy greens drizzled with olive oil.
If you're cooking chicken from scratch, you can do that easily on the grill, stovetop, or in the oven seasoned with salt and pepper.
For a shortcut, buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. Just be sure to check the ingredients, as rotisserie chickens may be seasoned with sugar.
All out of pesto? You can substitute dried basil mixed with olive oil.