Beef burgers with beets, cream sauce and broccoli
These juicy minced veal patties with capers are a Swedish classic. Enjoy this luxurious low-carb version with fresh broccoli, cooked beets and a tasty cream sauce!
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 2 egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onion, minced or finely choppedyellow onions, minced or finely chopped
- 2 oz. 55 g beet, cooked and finely choppedbeets, cooked and finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup 60 ml small capers
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb (5 cups) 450 g (1.2 liters) broccoli
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Combine all the ingredients for the burgers, except the butter.
- Shape one burger per serving with wet hands. Fry in butter over medium to high heat until they have a nice browned surface on both sides. Remove and keep warm. Keep the cooking juices in the pan.
- Add cream to the same frying pan and bring to a boil. Let simmer for at least 5 minutes on medium high heat or until the sauce reaches the desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil the broccoli in lightly salted water for about 2 minutes. Drain and allow to steam for a few minutes.
- Serve burgers with the cream sauce and broccoli.