Baked chicken thighs with cauliflower rice and spinach dip
- 1 oz. 28 g frozen spinach
- ¼ cup (1½ oz.) 60 ml (45 g) Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder or garlic powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 12 oz. 350 g cauliflower
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp turmeric (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter or oil with your seasonings of choice. Brush it all over the chicken thighs and place them skin-side up on a baking tray or in a baking dish.
- Bake the chicken thighs for 30 minutes or until the skin is crispy and the meat is no longer pink inside (the internal temperature should read at least 165°F (73°C)).
- Thaw the frozen spinach and remove excess liquid by squeezing it over the sink. Chop finely.
- Add yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, and onion powder to a bowl and mix. Add the spinach and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to let the flavors develop.
- Shred the cauliflower using a grater or grater attachment on a food processor. You can also chop it finely with a knife.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add the cauliflower and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the riced cauliflower has softened a bit.
- Add salt and the optional turmeric, or any other spices of preference, while frying.