- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 1 oz. 28 g grated fresh ginger
- 1 lb 450 g ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1 1 green bell pepper or yellow bell pepperyellow bell peppers
- 27 oz. 750 g coconut milk
- 2 cups 475 ml water
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1 pinch 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon lime juice
Nutrition74% Fat18% Protein7% Carbs
- Finely chop onion and ginger. Sauté in oil in a large skillet or sauce pan, until the onions are translucent.
- Add ground poultry and stir until fully cooked. Add curry paste and bell peppers and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the beans, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Trim the beans and chop coarsely. Add to the soup towards the end to maintain texture and color.
- Serve the soup in bowls and top off with cilantro butter.
- Add oil and cilantro to a beaker and mix using an immersion blender.
- Add butter and other remaining ingredients and whip with a hand mixer until fluffy. Serve with the soup.
Make a big batch and keep in the freezer. Great for a quick lunch or if you feel a cold coming your way. If you’re not into coconut, you can substitute with heavy whipping cream and use fresh parsley instead of cilantro. You can also vary this dish with other flavored butters.