Low-carb turkey soup with cilantro butter
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lb 450 g ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g) or
- 3 cups 700 ml
- 2 cups 475 ml water
- 2 tsp 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml chopped
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp crushed coriander seed
- 1 pinch 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice
- Finely chop onion and ginger. Sauté in oil in a large skillet or sauce pan, until the onions are translucent.
- Add ground poultry and stir until fully cooked. Add curry paste and bell peppers, and stir until incorporated.
- Add the remaining soup ingredients, except for the beans, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Trim the beans and chop coarsely. Add to the soup towards the end to maintain texture and color.
- Serve the soup in bowls and top off with cilantro butter.
- Mix oil and cilantro using an immersion blender.
- Add butter and other remaining ingredients and whip with a hand mixer until fluffy. Serve with the soup.
Keep some on hand! This soup freezes well, so make a big batch. That way you’ll always have some on hand for a delicious, quick lunch – or for when you feel a cold coming on.
Switch it up! If coconut’s not your thing, swap in heavy whipping cream instead. Not a fan of cilantro? No worries. Fresh flat-leaf parsley is a perfect pinch hitter. Add even more variety by playing around with other flavored butters.