Low carb turkey soup with cilantro butter
So comforting and luscious. And simply bursting with Asian flavors. This is a bowl of soup like no other. Top it with a bright cilantro butter, and prepare to settle into true low carb satisfaction.
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 lb 450 g ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g) green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 3 cups 700 ml coconut milk
- 2 cups 475 ml water
- 2 tsp 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup (1⁄5 oz.) 80 ml (5.5 g) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp crushed coriander seed
- 1 pinch 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Finely chop onion and ginger. Sauté in oil in a large skillet or sauce pan, until the onions are translucent.
- Add ground poultry and stir until fully cooked. Add curry paste and bell peppers, and stir until incorporated.
- Add the remaining soup ingredients, except for the beans, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Trim the beans and chop coarsely. Add to the soup towards the end to maintain texture and color.
- Serve the soup in bowls and top off with cilantro butter.
- Mix oil and cilantro using an immersion blender.
- Add butter and other remaining ingredients and whip with a hand mixer until fluffy. Serve with the soup.
I hope that was a temporary problem...it's 12 g carbs / serving.
Hi, May! Many ingredients here contribute to the carb count. Onion, ginger, curry paste, bell pepper, coconut milk, green beans, cilantro, coriander, and lime juice all contain carbs. You can omit certain ingredients you don't like to lower the carbs if needed. Heavy cream and coconut milk are pretty similar on the carb scale. Coconut milk has .8 carbs per tablespoon, while heavy cream has .5 per tablespoon.