3-ingredient egg cups
- 1 tsp 1 tsp butter
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 1¼ oz. 35 g smoked deli ham or deli turkey, chopped
- ¼ cup (1 oz.) 60 ml (30 g) cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- If not using a microwave, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease one mug or ramekin per serving with butter.
- Beat the eggs with a fork in the mug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped ham and grated cheese and mix well.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, or cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the eggs are firm.
Feel free to substitute the cheddar cheese or ham for any other cheese or deli meat you have in your fridge.
You can also add any vegetables of your choice to the egg mixture. For example finely diced bell peppers or spinach.
If you make more than one serving, beating the eggs in a bowl is easier.
You can bake these in the oven in a muffin tin at 350°F (175°C) for about 15 minutes or until set. Store them in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Sahil's cookbook, "Keto Life".