Simple keto breakfast with fried eggs
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 oz. 30 g baby spinach
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup 225 ml coffee or tea
- Heat butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Crack your eggs straight into the pan. For eggs sunny side up - leave the eggs to fry on one side. For eggs cooked over easy - flip the eggs over after a few minutes and cook for another minute. For harder yolks, just leave cooking a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with baby spinach, a dollop of mayonnaise and a cup of freshly brewed black coffee or a cup of tea.
An egg is a powerhouse of low-carb nutrition. Each large egg has about 7 grams of complete protein, having all nine essential amino acids. It is also a source of healthy fat and almost no carbs. Plus it has 14 different vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, D, B12, and E, as well as iron, selenium, magnesium, and choline, an essential nutrient for nerve development and maintenance. Eat up!
Feel free to swap kale or Swiss chard for the spinach.
Slice and fry green and red peppers for add flavor and visual appeal.
For a tasty topping, sprinkle the eggs with some grated parmesan or cheddar just before removing them from the pan.