Parchment-baked salmon with spinach and egg
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 5 oz. 150 g frozen spinach
- ½ ½ , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 10 oz. 275 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Carefully, place the eggs in the water and boil for 5 minutes. Remove eggs and place in ice-cold water immediately. Peel eggs and chop roughly.
- Distribute frozen or barely thawed spinach in the middle of a parchment paper. One sheet per serving. Sprinkle with nutmeg and finely chopped onion. You can even fry the onion in some butter before, if you like.
- Cut the salmon into small pieces and place on top together with the egg pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Slice or crumble butter on top.
- Fold the parchment paper over so the two ends meet. Wrap gently, so it looks like a calzone. Place on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh chives.
In this recipe we have used fresh salmon fillet but you can also use smoked salmon or other fresh fish such as cod or plaice.
You can also switch out spinach for sugar snaps, lightly blanched green beans or thinly sliced raw zucchini.
Add a dollop of sour cream on top for a creamy touch!