Parchment-baked salmon with spinach and egg
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 5 oz. 140 g frozen spinach
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 10 oz. 280 g salmon, boneless fillet, cut into piecessalmon, boneless fillets, cut into pieces
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 365°F (185°C).
- Bring water to a boil in a pot. Carefully, place the eggs in the water and boil for 5 minutes. Remove eggs and place in ice-cold water immediately. Peel eggs and chop roughly.
- Distribute frozen or barely thawed spinach in the middle of a parchment paper. One sheet per serving. Sprinkle with nutmeg and finely chopped onion. You can even fry the onion in a little butter first if you like.
- Place the salmon pieces on top of the vegetables together with the egg pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Slice or crumble butter on top.
- Fold the parchment paper over so the two ends meet. Wrap gently, so it forms a pouch. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15-25 minutes, or until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Serve with fresh chives.
In this recipe, we have used fresh salmon fillet but you can also use smoked salmon or other fresh fish such as cod or tilapia.
You can also switch out spinach for sugar snaps, lightly blanched green beans, or thinly sliced raw zucchini.
Add a dollop of sour cream on top if you wish!