Low carb zucchini bread
- 14 oz. 400 g , shredded
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (120 g) shredded cheese
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) almond flour
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (35 g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder (optional)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried rosemary (optional)
- poppy seeds, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Rinse the zucchini but don't peel it. Finely shred it, then firmly squeeze out excess liquid from the zucchini using a cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs until fluffy and stir in zucchini and shredded cheese.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the poppy seeds. Combine to a smooth batter.
- Place the batter in a 9 x 5" (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Allow to cool on the rack for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with butter or your favorite low carb spread.