Turkey brie salad sub
- 1 oz. 30 g lettuce leaves
- 3 oz. 75 g deli turkey, sliced
- 1 oz. 30 g Brie cheese
- 2 oz. 50 g (about 1/2 per portion) avocado(about 1/2 per portion) avocados
- 1½ oz. 40 g (about 1/2 per portion) tomato(about 1/2 per portion) tomatoes
- ½ oz. 15 g , sliced thinly, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lay two lettuce leaves out, overlapping one another to form the base of the sub. Spread out 1/2 of the mayonnaise over the leaves.
- Stack the sliced turkey, avocado, tomato, and brie onto the lettuce-leaf-base.
- Finish with the remaining mayonnaise and scatter over the scallion. Add salt and pepper to taste and lay over the other two lettuce leaves to close off the sandwich.
Wrap lightly with sandwich paper to make the sub easier to handle.
For extra flavor, use a truffle mayonnaise or aioli instead of plain mayonnaise.
Softer lettuce leaves such as Butterhead, Boston, or Batavia are much softer and easier to use and form around the sub, rather than stiffer varieties such as Iceberg or Romaine.
Feel free to substitute the brie for another cheese of your preference.
Wrap in brown paper to keep your hands clean and contain the sandwich better.