Lemony butter-baked salmon with creamed spinach
- 1 lb 450 g salmon, boneless fillet, cut into portion sizessalmon, boneless fillets, cut into portion sizes
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter melted or olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 4 oz. (32⁄3 cups) 110 g (850 ml) fresh spinach, rinsed, trimmed, and dried
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp) 28 g (30 ml) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish. Mix the melted butter (or olive oil) with lemon juice. Pour over the salmon.
- Season with salt, ground black pepper, and any other seasoning of choice. For example, fresh chives or dill.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the salmon flakes with a fork but is still moist inside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet. As it cooks down, add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and garlic powder. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan just before serving.
Add lemon zest for a more prominent citrus flavor. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh dill.
Freshly minced garlic and a drizzle of olive oil complement this dish very nicely.