Kristie’s keto chicken pot pie
- 2 oz. (52⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (80 ml) chopped chopped
- 2 oz. 55 g chopped carrotchopped carrots
- 2 oz. 55 g chopped broccoli stems (avoid the florets for texture)
- 4 oz. 110 g chopped cauliflower
- 4 oz. 110 g chopped
- 14 oz. 400 g , drained
- 2 (2¾ oz.) 2 (80 g) chopped celery stalkchopped celery stalks
- 1 oz. 28 g mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups 475 ml chicken broth
- 4 oz. 110 g cream cheese
- ½ cup 120 ml
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp poultry seasoning
- 1½ lbs 650 g cooked and shredded whole chicken
- ½ tsp ½ tsp xanthan gum or glucomannan (optional)
- 10 10 egg whiteegg whites
- 2½ cups (10 oz.) 600 ml (280 g) fine almond flour
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp oat fiber or half the amount of
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
- Sauté the vegetables (first 8 ingredients) in butter in a large cast iron skillet (or in an oven safe casserole dish) until the vegetables are tender.
- When the vegetables are just tender, add the chicken broth. Simmer until the bone broth is reduced (about 10 minutes).
- Add cream cheese and heavy cream and stir until the cream cheese is melted and creamy. Simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining seasonings and mix well.
- Sprinkle in xanthan gum if desired. The sauce will be thicker if you do. Last, add the chicken and mix into the vegetables and sauce.
- While the chicken pot pie filling is simmering on low heat, prepare the biscuit recipe according to instructions below.
- Once the filling is ready, drop the biscuit dough on top of the pot pie filling, covering the filling. Bake the dish at 350°F (175°C) for about 25-30 minutes or until the biscuits are browned and not doughy underneath.
One batch of Bell's biscuits
- Use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until frothy, but not stiff.
- Add in almond flour, oat fiber, mozzarella cheese, baking powder, xanthin gum and salt and mix well with the hand mixer.
- Add in butter and beat with the hand mixer until well blended. Use the batter to top the chicken pot pie filling.
If you really want to make this decadent add one cup of cheddar cheese and 1/3 cup chopped bacon to the biscuit dough before dropping it onto the pot pie filling. Enjoy!
Keto quick tip!
Use half of the biscuit dough to top the chicken pot pie and the other half to make six southern-style biscuits for a quick breakfast sandwich.