Keto mini-quiche with ham
- 14 oz. 400 g prosciutto, sliced or ham, cured
- 8 8 large egglarge eggs
- 7 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 200 g (200 ml) mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp finely chopped, fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Set aside small, oven-proof ramekins (see tips).
- Place three slices of prosciutto in each ramekin, covering the sides and bottom.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, mascarpone cheese, chives, salt, and pepper. The mixture doesn't have to be completely smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture into the ramekins, and bake on the middle rack, for 15 minutes or until the egg mixture has set in the middle. Serve slightly warm.
I usually make enough for two quiches per person for breakfast, but if you think that may be too much, just have one quiche. The idea is simple: adjust the quantities to match your needs. If you are full, stop eating; if you're still hungry, eat more.
If you're having this for lunch or dinner, a fresh salad will be great with this dish.
Diet Doctor receives no payment or other considerations from the sale of Pascale’s cookbooks or the publishing of this post. ↩