Keto meatloaf muffins
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onion diced finelyyellow onions diced finely
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 2 lightly beaten large egglightly beaten large eggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup 60 ml grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the onion, meat, eggs, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients with your hands and place a small handful of the meatloaf mixture into muffin trays (2 per serving). Press gently; otherwise, they will turn into meatballs.
- Cover with the grated cheese, and sprinkle with grated parmesan if desired.
- Cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until meat reaches 165°F (75°C).
These meatloaf muffins can be easily adapted to your taste preferences. Feel free to add garlic, oregano, rosemary, or basil to your meatloaf mixture for a more Italian taste.
You can also make a Mexican version by adding coriander, cumin, chili powder, capsicums, and/or peppers to the mixture.
We used mozzarella and parmesan cheese for this recipe, but you can give your favorite cheese or blend a try. Bacon strips or slices work well too.
Take this recipe to the next level by adding grated carrot, finely diced mushrooms, celery, grated zucchini, or chopped spinach inside your muffins!
Diet Doctor’s Recipe Team has slightly modified this recipe to follow our recipe and nutritional guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe here: Ditch the Carbs - Meatloaf cupcakes
Step 3 indicates 2 muffins per serving. Therefore if you're making 6 servings, you'll make 12 meatloaf muffins and 2 is a serving.