Keto ground beef and broccoli
- ½ lb (2½ cups) 220 g (550 ml) broccoli
- 1½ oz. 45 g butter or light olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- salt and ground black pepper
- Rinse and trim the broccoli including the stem. Cut into small florets. Peel the stem and cut it into small pieces.
- Heat a dollop of butter in a frying pan over high heat. Make sure the pan is big enough to fit both the ground beef and broccoli.
- Brown the ground beef until it is almost done. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat, add more butter and fry the broccoli for 3-5 minutes. Stir the ground beef every now and then.
- Season the broccoli and serve while still hot.
This strict keto dish can be cooked with other low-carb vegetables like zucchini, asparagus, green beans and spinach. Feel free to flavor with your favorite spice – chili and paprika powder, some herbs or onion powder all add flavor! It's also delicious to serve with an extra dollop of crème fraiche or mayonnaise.
Add it after cooking. :)
I love this "fast food" dish because I made it in a few minutes. Great taste!
So the net carb intake is 2g or did you already reduce it ?
You can prep the veggies however you enjoy them the most.
When it says "4 1/2" ounces broccoli, is that on a food scale? Or in a measured cup? There is a big difference! The cup is way smaller :)
Yes, ground chicken will work.
Yes, 4 days is fine in terms of food safety.
Yes, that would be fine.
The default setting is 2 servings, so you would divide the recipe in half to get each serving.
Great! So glad you enjoyed it!
I have not frozen this before to be sure, but it should if you pack it full and well in an airtight container.
Yes, that should work well. You would just want to keep an eye on how many carbs you are adding with your serving.
That would be fine for keto! It just may change the protein/fat ratio a bit.