Keto ground beef and broccoli
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 1½ oz. 45 g butter or light olive oil
- ½ lb 220 g broccoli
- salt and pepper
- Rinse and trim the broccoli, including the stem. Cut into small florets. Peel the stem and cut it into small pieces.
- Heat up a dollop of butter in a frying pan where you can fit both the ground beef and broccoli.
- Brown the ground beef on high heat until it is almost done. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lower the heat, add more butter and fry the broccoli for 3-5 minutes. Stir the ground beef every now and then.
- Season the broccoli and serve while still hot.
This strict keto dish can be cooked with other low-carb vegetables like zucchini, asparagus, green beans and spinach. Feel free to flavor with your favorite spice – chili and paprika powder, some herbs or onion powder all add flavor!
It's also delicious to serve with an extra dollop of crème fraiche or mayonnaise.