Keto Chinese pork with Brussels sprouts
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g pork belly
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 3 oz. 75 g butter or coconut oil
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts
- ½ ½ leekleeks
- salt and ground black pepper
- Cut the pork belly into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl. Add the pork and stir to cover. Set aside to marinate for at least 10 minutes, or longer if you have time.
- Rinse and trim the Brussels sprouts. Cut in halves or quarters depending upon their size.
- Place a pan over medium-high heat and add half of the butter. Smash the garlic cloves and add them along with the Brussels sprouts. Fry until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the pan and set aside for later.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter and sauté the pork until golden brown and thoroughly cooked through. Add the cooked Brussels sprouts to the pan and mix. Finally sprinkle on thinly sliced leeks. Give it all a stir and serve.
For a gluten-free and soy-free alternative to soy sauce, try coconut aminos; check the label, but expect about one gram net carbs per teaspoon, so go easy.