Keto Chinese pork with Brussels sprouts
- 1½ lbs 650 g pork belly
- ¾ lb 325 g Brussels sprouts
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ (1½ oz.) ½ (45 g) leekleeks
- salt and ground black pepper
- Cut the pork belly into bite-sized pieces.
- Rinse and trim the Brussels sprouts. Cut in halves or quarters depending upon their size.
- Add the pork to a pan and place it over medium-high heat. Fry until golden brown.
- Smash the garlic and add them to the pan along with the coconut oil and the sprouts. Fry for a few minutes, until the sprouts and garlic start to turn golden brown.
- Mix soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl and add that to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally sprinkle on thinly sliced leeks. Give it all a stir and serve.
For a gluten-free and soy-free alternative to soy sauce, try coconut aminos; check the label, but expect about one gram of net carbs per teaspoon. You can use bacon instead of pork belly. If you want to vary this dish you can substitute the Brussels sprouts for green beans or broccoli and there will be little to no change to the total carbs.