Keto Chinese pork with Brussels sprouts
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g pork belly
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 3 oz. 75 g butter or coconut oil
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts
- ½ ½ leekleeks
- salt and ground black pepper
- Cut the pork belly into bite-sized pieces.
- Rinse and trim the Brussels sprouts. Cut in halves or quarters depending upon their size.
- Add the pork to a pan and place it over medium-high heat. Fry until golden brown.
- Smash the garlic cloves and add them along with the Brussels sprouts and the butter. Fry until the sprouts are starting to turn golden brown.
- Mix soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl and add that to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally sprinkle on thinly sliced leeks. Give it all a stir and serve.
For a gluten-free and soy-free alternative to soy sauce, try coconut aminos; check the label, but expect about one gram net carbs per teaspoon.
If you can't find pork belly you can use bacon instead. If you want to vary this dish you can substitute the Brussels sprouts for green beans or broccoli and there will be little to no change to the amount of carbs.