High-protein vegetarian breakfast with cheese, eggs and spinach
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter or olive oil
- 3 3 large egglarge eggs
- ½ cup (½ oz.) 120 ml (15 g) baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 oz. (4 tbsp) 28 g (60 ml) cheddar cheese, sliced
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat with the butter.
- When hot, crack your eggs straight into the pan, season with salt and pepper, and fry to your liking. Put a lid on the pan, or flip the eggs over after a few minutes and cook for another minute.
- Remove the cooked eggs from the pan and set on a plate.
- Add the spinach to the same pan the eggs were cooked in, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Fry until the leaves are wilted.
- Put the spinach and slices of cheese on the same plate as the eggs and serve.
Feel free to swap the cheddar cheese for any cheese that you like or have on hand.
Cook the eggs any way you like. You can always hard boil the eggs, and make extra for future breakfasts or as a quick high-protein snack. Store extras in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.