Spicy chorizo paired with creamy cabbage? Yes, please! This tasty and low-carb combination of the two is topped off with a lemony gremolata for a kiss of citrus flavor.
- 1½ lbs 700 g chorizo, or other high-quality sausage
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons butter, for frying
Creamed green cabbage
- 1½ lbs 700 g green cabbage
- 2 oz. 60 g butter
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ ½ lemon, the zest
- Fry the chorizo in butter in a skillet over medium heat. Keep warm until serving.
- Shred the cabbage using a food processor, mandolin or sharp knife.
- Sauté cabbage with remaining butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Stir occasionally for a few minutes, until cabbage is golden brown.
- Add heavy whipping cream, and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat, and let simmer until the cream is reduced. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add parsley and lemon zest before serving with the fried chorizo.
This amazing meal is delicious as is, but it also pairs perfectly with a green salad. Want even more variety? Go ahead and substitute pastrami, smoked turkey or cold cuts for the chorizo.