Keto chicken stir-fry with shirataki noodles
- ½ lb 220 g shirataki noodles
- ¾ lb 325 g boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp coconut oil or light olive oil
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (200 ml) celery stalk, choppedcelery stalks, chopped
- 5 oz. 140 g oyster mushroom, dicedoyster mushrooms, diced
- ½ (2½ oz.) ½ (70 g) , sliced, sliced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 1 lime, zested and juicedlimes, zested and juiced
- Place the noodles in a colander and rinse well under running water for 1-2 minutes. Squeeze out all the water. The less water, the better the texture will be.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and season with salt and pepper. Heat up oil in a frying pan or wok and fry the chicken on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the chicken begins to slightly brown, add the celery, mushrooms, and bell pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Combine well and set aside.
- Add the noodles to the pan of chicken and vegetables. Keep frying for 2 more minutes.
- Add half the sauce to the pan and toss to combine. Save the rest for serving so you can adjust the flavor to suit your taste.
It's important to first rinse the noodles really well in cold water in order to remove as much of the liquid (they came packed in) as possible. This rinsing eliminates a potentially unpleasant aftertaste.
The noodles can be consumed as they are or can be prepared in different ways. Try boiling them in water or broth for a few minutes, or try frying them in oil or butter. You can also heat them up in the microwave.