Low carb California roll in a bowl
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower, riced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp
- 1 lb 450 g canned crab meat
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- salt, to taste
- 1 1 nori sheet, cut into thin stripsnori sheets, cut into thin strips
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocadoavocados
- 5 oz. 140 g cucumber, sliced or matchsticks
- 1⁄3 cup (¾ oz.) 80 ml (25 g) , shredded
- ½ ½ radish, thinly slicedradishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp carrot, gratedcarrots, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Combine the ingredients for the wasabi cream in a small bowl.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the cauliflower with the water and coconut oil. Bring to a simmer, then cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until tender. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Stir in the sesame oil and soy sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crab meat, mayonnaise, and Sriracha. Stir until well mixed.
- Divide the cauliflower rice evenly among serving bowls.
- Top each with one-quarter of the crab mixture, avocado slices, nori strips, cucumber, shredded cabbage, radish slices, and carrots. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Serve with the wasabi cream on the side.
Serving and garnish
Unable to find crab? Feel free to substitute canned tuna.