- 12⁄3 lbs 750 g green cabbage
- 5 oz. 150 g butter
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 3 scallion, in slicesscallions, in slices
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ – 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
Nutrition84% Fat11% Protein4% Carbs
- Shred the cabbage finely using a sharp knife or a food processor.
- Fry the cabbage in 2–3 ounces (60–90 g) butter in a large frying or wok pan on medium high, but don’t let the cabbage turn brown. It takes a while for the cabbage to soften.
- Add spices and the vinegar. Stir and fry for a couple of minutes more. Put the cabbage in a bowl.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same frying pan. Add garlic, chili flakes and ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add ground meat and brown until the meat is thoroughly cooked and most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat a little.
- Add scallions and cabbage. Stir until everything is hot. Salt and pepper to taste. Add the sesame oil before serving.
- Mix together the wasabi mayonnaise, start with a small amount of wasabi and add more until you think it tastes good. Serve the stir-fry warm with a dollop of wasabi mayonnaise on top.
You can make this dish with any kind of ground meat you like – beef, lamb, poultry or pork.
More crack slaw recipes
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!