- 1 1
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml
- 7 oz. 200 g shredded cheese, divided in two
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 2
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Fry in oil together with the ground meat. Add herbs. Stir in water and tomato paste, combine well. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a saucepan, add cream, half of the shredded cheese and garlic. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring continuously. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice the zucchini and place the slices in a baking dish with high edges to cover the bottom. Add cheese sauce, ground meat and zucchini slices in layers. Finish off with a cheese sauce layer and top with the other half of the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese gets a nice golden color.