Eat the rainbow and love every bite with this colorful low-carb bowl. Spicy chili, crispy veggies, and crunchy nuts, all balanced with the delicious novelty of pomegranate. Bring it all together and bring it on!
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g ground beef
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons 4 tablespoons Tex-Mex seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1 red onion, finelly slicedred onions, finelly sliced
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons white vinegar 5%
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 oz. 275 g daikon
- 3 oz. 75 g baby spinach
- 2 oz. 50 g pine nuts
- ½ ½ pomegranatepomegranates
- 4 tablespoons 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Sautée the finely chopped onion over medium heat until soft. Add the ground meat. Add tomato and spices, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the beef mixture is cooking, you can quickly pickle the onion and prepare the vegetables. Put the thinly sliced red onion in a small glass bowl. Add water, vinegar and salt. Stir well and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Shred or grate the daikon. It’s best to use a vegetable slicer, but you can also use a sharp knife or a coarse grater.
- Roast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan until they are golden; remove from heat before they burn.
- Place meat, onion, daikon, pomegranate seeds and spinach in a deep plate or bowl. Sprinkle with pine nuts and some olive oil.
This dish is the perfect choice when you have ground beef leftovers, but starting with raw ground beef works, too. You can also swap out the beef with grilled chicken or scrambled eggs.