Sugar-free chocolate soufflé
A low carb soufflé? Is that even possible? We can assure you it is. Our Sugar-free chocolate soufflé is picture perfect, delightfully airy, and really chocolatey. If you want to impress your in-laws, partners, bosses, or maybe you just deserve a treat today, look no further.
- 1 tsp 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 4 4 large egg whitelarge egg whites
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz.) 60 ml (32 g) powdered erythritol
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 oz. (31⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (50 ml) sugar-free baking chocolate, chopped
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease one 3.5-inch (8 cm) ramekin per serving with butter. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites in a clean bowl, preferably metal or glass. As the whites begin to form soft peaks, gradually add the sweetener. Continue whipping until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Add the cocoa powder and salt, whip until combined. Chop the chocolate and gently fold it into the egg mixture.
- Fill each ramekin with the soufflé mixture. Do not smooth or press the mixture down.
- Bake for 10 minutes on a lower oven rack until the soufflé has risen and is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. The soufflés will naturally deflate a little as they cool.
So glad you love it!