- 1½ lbs 700 g green cabbage
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g butter
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons tex-mex seasoning
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g shredded cheese, preferably cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g leafy greens or lettuce
Nutrition75% Fat20% Protein4% Carbs
- Shred the cabbage by hand or in a food processor, as finely as possible.
- Fry the cabbage in 3 ounces butter in a large frying pan or a wok on medium high heat, but without letting the cabbage turn brown. It takes a little while for the cabbage to turn soft.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and continue to fry for a couple of minutes. Set aside in a bowl for later.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same pan. Sauté the ground beef and fry until most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat a little.
- Add cabbage and sauté for a minute. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Add ⅔ of the cheese to the cabbage and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese has turned a nice color.
- Serve with a green salad.
Pairs well with a crisp green salad.
Love it? Then check out our other crack slaw recipes with different spices and flavors!
More crack slaw recipes
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!