- 1½ lbs 700 g green cabbage
- 5 oz. 150 g butter
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tex-mex seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g shredded cheese, preferably cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g leafy greens or lettuce
Nutrition75% Fat20% Protein4% Carbs
- Shred the cabbage by hand or in a food processor, as finely as possible.
- Fry the cabbage in 3 ounces butter in a large frying pan or a wok on medium high heat, but without letting the cabbage turn brown. It takes a little while for the cabbage to turn soft.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and continue to fry for a couple of minutes. Set aside in a bowl for later.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same pan. Sauté the ground beef and fry until most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat a little.
- Add cabbage and sauté for a minute. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Add ⅔ of the cheese to the cabbage and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese has turned a nice color.
- Serve with a green salad.
More crack slaw recipes
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!