Seared tuna steaks
These meaty tuna steaks cook quickly on the stovetop. Their subtle flavor can be enhanced by a variety of seasonings, such as Asian or Mediterranean inspired.
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) fresh tuna filletfresh tuna fillets
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 1 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Season the tuna fillets with salt and pepper (and any other spices you prefer) on both sides.
- Heat up a large frying pan on medium to high heat with oil. When hot, add the garlic. Cook garlic for 1 minute and then add the tuna steaks. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Tuna is low in fat so it will get dry if you overcook.
- Slice and serve right away.
Spice it up
Like Asian flavors? Add thinly sliced ginger, a splash of tamari soy, and sesame oil to the pan together with the tuna. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Add lemon juice, chopped fresh herbs like basil, thyme, or oregano for a Mediterranean vibe.