Low carb Salisbury steak with quick mash
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef
- 2 tsp 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1 egg yolkegg yolks
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , roughly chopped, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 cup 240 ml or chicken stock
- Place cauliflower florets in a steamer or boil them in salted water for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, drain, and place in a blender or a food processor with the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Process until smooth, set aside, and keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine the beef, onion powder, egg yolk, coconut flour, salt, and pepper.
- Using your hands, create 3" (7 cm) patties, about 4.8 oz (135 g) from the mixture.
- Grease a large skillet with ghee or butter. Once hot, add the burgers. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Do not flip the patties too soon or they will stick to the pan. When done, set aside and keep warm.
- Add the ghee to the pan where you cooked the patties. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for about 7 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste, mustard, and coconut aminos, and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the bone broth, bring to a boil, then remove from the heat. Let the gravy cool down for a few minutes, then pour into a blender and process until smooth.
- Serve the cauliflower mash with the patties and pour the gravy on top.
Store the patties and cauliflower mash in separate containers in the fridge for up to four days.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Martina’s cookbook, "The Beginner's Keto Diet Cookbook".1
Diet Doctor receives no payment or other considerations from the sale of Martina’s cookbooks or the publishing of this post. ↩