Open omelet with ham and cheese
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- salt and pepper
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter
- ¼ cup (1⁄10 oz.) 60 ml (2.25 g) fresh dill, parsley, or coriander, roughly chopped
- 3½ oz. 100 g smoked deli ham or deli turkey, roughly chopped
- ¾ oz. (3 tbsp) 21 g (45 ml) cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp hot sauce or a pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs to the pan.
- Use a spatula to swirl the eggs around for a minute to get the runny eggs to the bottom of the pan. Ensure there are no holes in the omelet and let it sit for another minute.
- Scatter the herbs, meat, and cheese over the omelet and cover it with a lid. Cook for another 2 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve as is, or with your favorite hot sauce or a pinch of chili flakes.
For a vegetarian omelet, swap out spinach or mushrooms for ham.
Diet Doctor's recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Katie's cookbook, "The Low Carb Weight‑Loss Cookbook".