Salmon patties with feta cheese sauce
- 1½ lbs 650 g skinned salmon, boneless fillet, finely choppedskinned salmon, boneless fillets, finely chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , shredded, shredded
- 1 1 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 oz. 28 g butter for frying
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 4 oz. 110 g feta cheese
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. (1½ cups) 85 g (350 ml) leafy greens
- 8 (5 oz.) 8 (140 g) cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) red onion, divided in half and thinly slicedred onions, divided in half and thinly sliced
- ½ ½ lemonlemons
- Add salmon to a big bowl together with onion, garlic, parsley, and egg. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In a frying pan on medium-high heat, add butter.
- Shape the salmon mixture into patties and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Crumble the feta cheese and mix with sour cream in a bowl.
- Add garlic, parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and taste. Season more if needed.
- Mix the lettuce with tomatoes and red onion.
- Serve the salmon patties with the feta-cheese sauce and the salad. Garnish with a lemon wedge for extra color and flavor.
Feta cheese sauce
The patties can be made with canned salmon. Drain off excess liquid and add to the recipe in place of the boneless, skinned, fresh salmon.