Salmon patties with feta cheese sauce
Whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner, these simple, moist and tasty salmon patties pair beautifully with a creamy feta cheese sauce and a fresh salad. Healthy, satisfying and easy, this dish is sure to become a seafood favorite. See food? Yes please!
- 1½ lbs 650 g skinned salmon, boneless fillet, finely choppedskinned salmon, boneless fillets, finely chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onion, shreddedyellow onions, shredded
- 1 1 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 oz. 28 g butter for frying
Feta cheese sauce
- 1 cup 240 ml sour cream
- 4 oz. (¾ cup) 110 g (170 ml) feta cheese
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. (1½ cups) 85 g (350 ml) leafy greens
- 8 (5 oz.) 8 (140 g) cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) red onion, divided in half and thinly slicedred onions, divided in half and thinly sliced
- ½ ½ lemonlemons
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Add salmon to a big bowl together with onion, garlic, parsley, and egg. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In a frying pan over medium-high heat, add butter.
- Shape the salmon mixture into patties and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Crumble the feta cheese and mix with sour cream in a bowl.
- Add garlic, parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and taste. Season more if needed.
- Combine the lettuce with tomatoes and red onion.
- Serve the salmon patties with the feta cheese sauce and the salad. Garnish with a lemon wedge for extra color and flavor.
Feta cheese sauce
The patties can also be made with canned salmon. Drain off excess liquid and add to the recipe in place of fresh salmon.
Onion, garlic, sour cream and the salad all add to the carb count in this recipe.
I'm sorry, I don't have the nutrition breakdown by meal component.
After following the instruction, I found it was very "wet" so I added about 1 cup of pork rinds and still in the pan didn't
hold together as good as in the picture. Could be 2 things as I see it, I minces the onions instead of shredding but should not of mattered,
2, I might have made them too thick. The feta cheese sauce was amazing. I did add about 1/4 cup of Costco Caesar salad dressing and added powder garlic instead of raw garlic. Would be overwhelmingly be too garlicky. Add powder and taste, repeat till you have the amount of garlicky taste as you want.
My take and it was great. Added more fat! :)
The likely culprit here is the shrimp.
That should work well!
The egg will help hold them together as it cooks.
Since fish cooks quickly and onion does not, if you have bigger pieces of onion they will remain quite hard so to avoid that you can shred it. But you can dice it if you want.