Keto skillet pizza
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. 55 g fresh sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 oz. 28 g pepperoni, in slices
- 1 oz. 28 g , in slices, in slices
- ½ tsp ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened tomato sauce
- Heat a 7” (18 cm) non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the cheese in the bottom of the skillet. The cheese will melt into a thin, solid layer.
- Lower the heat and top the melted cheese with sausage, bell pepper, remaining cheese and pepperoni. Cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes until the toppings are warmed.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the pizza. The pizza is done when the cheese on top is melted and when the cheese “crust” is browned.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove the pizza from the skillet and onto a plate. Use a pizza cutter to cut the pizza into slices. Serve with tomato sauce for dipping.
Nearly any pizza topping will work in this recipe. Precooked bacon, black olives, and cooked mushrooms are ideal.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover cooked sausage or veggies.
For a vegetarian dish, add diced artichokes, goat cheese, spinach, tomato slices and other favorite veggies.