Keto Italian cabbage stir-fry
- 25 oz. 750 g green cabbage
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- 20 oz. 600 g ground beef
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 oz. 90 g leek, thinly slicedleeks, thinly sliced
- ½ cup 120 ml fresh basil
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise or sour cream, for serving
- Shred the green cabbage finely with a cheese slicer, sharp knife or in a food processor.
- Fry the cabbage in about half of the butter (or substitute olive oil) in a large frying pan or wok on medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until just softened.
- Add vinegar, salt, onion powder, and pepper. Stir and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until well incorporated. Reserve sautéed cabbage to a bowl.
- Heat the rest of the butter or oil in the pan. Add the garlic and leeks, and sauté for a minute.
- Add meat, and continue frying until cooked through. Sauté until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add tomato paste and mix well. Lower the heat a little and add reserved cabbage and fresh basil. Stir until cooked through.
- Adjust seasoning and serve with a dollop of sour cream or mayonnaise and perhaps even a green salad.