Keto crispy bacon with with onion sauce
This crispy pan-fried bacon tastes like a unique delicacy with none of the effort! Elevate the flavors with a creamy onion sauce and freshly boiled cauliflower. Enjoy this quick and tasty keto dinner any day of the week!
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onion, finely slicedyellow onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup 180 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1½ lbs 650 g thick bacon or pork belly
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Fry the finely sliced onion in butter over medium-high heat until golden. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a boil. Stir in mustard and soy sauce.
- Fry the bacon in a hot, dry frying pan until crispy.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and cook in lightly salted water for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the crispy pork with the onion sauce and freshly boiled cauliflower.
Air fryer method
Follow steps 1 and 2 of the recipe.
Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
Air fry the bacon for 10 minutes until crispy. Place it on a plate with a paper towel to blot off the grease.
Proceed with steps 4 and 5 of the recipe.
Is there something you recommend as a substitute?
You could use any of our keto side dishes.
I am not sure there is a good substitute for this specific recipe. You can use the recipe finder's advanced search to specify what protein you would like to cook with.
You can find excellent information on keto as a vegetarian, including recipes and meal plans at this link.