Keto BLT baked avocado eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F (200°C).
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out almost all of the flesh to enlarge the hole in each half as needed, so that a whole egg will fit without spilling over. Set aside the avocado flesh for serving.
- Place avocado halves in a baking dish and crack an egg into each avocado hole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the egg white is fully cooked and the yolk is cooked to desired doneness. Remove from oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes.
- While the avocados are in the oven, chop the bacon into smaller pieces and fry it in a skillet over high heat until crispy.
- Top the eggs with the shredded lettuce, avocado flesh, quartered tomatoes, and sprinkle with the bacon pieces.
Pre-cooked, chopped bacon speeds up preparation.
Adding grated cheese to the eggs during baking would be a lovely addition.
Instead of lettuce, why not try garnishing with chopped cilantro, arugula or parsley?