Keto BLT baked avocado eggs
- 6 oz. 175 g bacon
- 2 2 avocadoavocados
- 4 4 eggeggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 oz. 30 g lettuce, shredded
- Fry the bacon in a skillet on high heat until crispy. Chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit. Remove some of the flesh to enlarge the hole on each half, as needed, so that a whole egg will fit without spilling over.
- Place avocado halves on a baking sheet and crack an egg into each avocado hole. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Top the eggs with quartered tomatoes then sprinkle bacon pieces.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the egg white is fully cooked and yolk is cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and serve the baked avocado eggs topped with the shredded lettuce.
Having the bacon pre-cooked and chopped speeds the preparation.
Grated and melted cheese on top of the eggs when baking can make a nice addition.
Instead of lettuce, feel free to garnish with chopped cilantro, arugula or Italian parsley, as desired.