Keto BLT baked avocado eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F (200°C).
- Cut avocados in half and remove the pit. Remove almost all of the flesh to enlarge the hole on each half, as needed so that a whole egg will fit without spilling over. Set aside the avocado flesh for serving.
- Place avocado halves in a baking dish and crack an egg into each avocado hole. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the egg white is fully cooked and the yolk is cooked to desired doneness. Remove from oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes.
- While the avocados are in the oven, cut the bacon into smaller pieces and fry bacon in a skillet on high heat until crispy.
- Top the eggs with the shredded lettuce, avocado flesh, quartered tomatoes, and sprinkle with the bacon pieces.
Having the bacon pre-cooked and chopped speeds the preparation. Grated and melted cheese on top of the eggs when baking can make a nice addition. Instead of lettuce, feel free to garnish with chopped cilantro, arugula or Italian parsley, as desired.