Juicy Lucy (cheese stuffed) burger with wax-bean fries
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 oz. 55 g bacon
- 3 oz. (½ cup) 85 g (130 ml) , sliced, sliced
- 14 oz. 400 g ground beef
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (180 ml) cheddar cheese, preferably Babybel
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 4 butterhead lettuce leaves
- 4 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 110 g (150 ml) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 1 1 fresh jalapeño, finely slicedfresh jalapeños, finely sliced (optional)
- 5 oz. 140 g wax beans, trimmed or
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp refined coconut oil or
- Mix the mayonnaise and hot sauce for the dressing in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the bacon to the pan and fry on both sides until crispy. Remove from the pan and set aside, but keep the fat in the pan.
- Add the onion to the frying pan with the bacon fat and fry until the onion is soft and golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm with the bacon.
- Divide the ground meat into equal-sized portions (two per person). Roll them into balls and make a "ditch" in the middle of each ball, place the cheese in the middle and cover it over completely with the meat. (Make sure there are no holes, or the cheese will escape when it's melted; we don't want that.) Press down the balls into patties and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the burgers to the pan and fry for about three minutes per side, until nicely browned and the cheese has melted inside. While the burgers are frying, slice the tomatoes and jalapeños (if using any), and rinse and dry the salad leaves. When the burgers are done, keep them warm while you prepare the wax bean fries.
- In another clean frying pan, add the oil when hot. Make sure that the wax beans are dry when added to the frying pan, if not the oil will spit and you could get hurt. Stir the wax beans around in the oil, preferably with a metal tong, and fry until they start to get some color on all sides.
- Remove the wax beans from the pan and place them on kitchen paper to absorb any access oil. Season with salt.
- Add two salad leaves to each plate and top them with the meat, mayo, tomato, bacon, onion, jalapeños (if using any).
- Serve the fries on the side. Enjoy them right away.