Grilled salmon and grapefruit
- 20 oz. 600 g salmon
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 2 red grapefruitred grapefruits
- 3 oz. 75 g baby spinach or
- 7 oz. 200 g canned whole tomatoes
- 2 oz. 60 g blanched almonds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) sesame seeds
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- Cut the salmon into serving-sized pieces and brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the grapefruit into half-inch slices and brush with oil.
- Cook the salmon and grapefruit on the grill. (A frying pan, stovetop, or your oven's broiler are both good alternatives.) It cooks quickly—a few minutes on each side will be enough.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, along with a hearty dollop of tomato and almond pesto.
Tomato and almond pesto
- Drain the tomatoes. Reserve the juice for another use; it keeps best in the freezer.
- Puree the tomatoes and other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Add oil towards the end.
- Serve with your main course. This pesto lasts for at least a week in the fridge and can also be stored in the freezer.
If you don't have a grill, consider a grill pan for your stovetop. There are lots of options on Amazon.