Grilled salmon and grapefruit
- 1¼ lbs 550 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 2 red grapefruitred grapefruits
- 3 cups (3 oz.) 700 ml (90 g) baby spinach or
- 1 cup (8½ oz.) 240 ml (240 g) canned whole tomatoes
- 2 oz. (61⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (90 ml) blanched almonds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- Cut the salmon into serving-sized pieces and brush with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the grapefruit into 1/2" (1.5 cm) slices and brush with oil.
- Cook the salmon and grapefruit on the grill. It cooks quickly—a few minutes on each side will be enough. You could also fry them on high heat in a frying pan in some oil.
- Drain the tomatoes. Reserve the juice for another use; it keeps best in the freezer.
- Puree the tomatoes and other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Add oil towards the end.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, along with a hearty dollop of tomato and almond pesto.
Tomato and almond pesto
Recommended special equipment
- Blender or food processor
This pesto lasts for at least a week in the fridge and can also be stored in the freezer.