Chicken with olives and mushrooms
- 1 lb 450 g chicken breast, bone-in with skinchicken breasts, bone-in with skin
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz. 28 g butter
- 14 oz. (52⁄3 cups) 400 g (1.4 liters) mushrooms, sliced
- 5¼ oz. (1¼ cups) 150 g (270 ml) pitted olives, chopped
- 1 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ cup 120 ml water
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Fry the chicken breasts in a large frying pan with olive oil until browned on both sides over medium-high heat.
- Continue to cook the chicken breasts on a wire rack in the oven at 350 °F (180 °C) for 20 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink, or the inner temperature of meat is 165°F (74°C). Let it rest for a couple of minutes before slicing the chicken to keep it juicy.
- Add the butter to the pan. First, sauté the mushrooms for a few minutes until soft and then add the olives. Season with salt and pepper and the finely chopped rosemary.
- Let the vegetables cook for a few more minutes, then add the water. Let the mixture simmer briefly so that all the flavors are well combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Remove the bones and slice the chicken. Serve with those deliciously tasty vegetables and olives.
Which olives should you use during cooking?
You can use any type of olive: marinated olives, dried olives, olives from a can... There’s only one rule: taste the olives, and if you like them, you’ll be sure to love them in these dishes. Bear in mind that pitted olives are easier to work with.
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Pascale’s cookbook, The Keto Cure.
Diet Doctor receives no payment or other considerations from the sale of Pascale’s cookbooks or the publishing of this post.